To promote and support the business environment through membership participation and leadership that fosters economic growth and community involvement.
The Union County Chamber of Commerce is a 501c(6) non-profit organization proudly supported primarily by member dues.
Here’s what your chamber works on everyday to help our members be successful:
- Champion business-friendly legislature and build strong relationships with our area’s elected officials.
- Coordinate educational and professional development opportunities, and provide them at a far lower price than out-of-town.
- Host networking opportunities for area businesses.
- Roll out the welcome mat for new community members by showcasing the depth and breadth of services and retail our members offer.
- Work with our local media to developing advertising programs that help you get your message delivered to consumers at a significantly reduced rate.
- Speak out about field burning, forest management, zoning and development, reinstating the Amtrak Pioneer Route, and taxes.
- Engage in our county’s events by support many activities around the county, from the Union Stock Show in June to Celebrate La Grande in September.
- Coordinate the annual Parade of Lights, kicking off the holiday shopping season.
- Work with EOU to engage students in off-campus activities, like shopping and dining.
- Champion agriculture at the Farmer-Merchant banquet.
The Union County Chamber of Commerce was incorporated in 1936 and adheres to its corporate bylaws. If you would like to see the rules by which we govern ourselves, what makes us tick, or why we do what we do, click here to download a copy of our bylaws. And, as always, contact us any time by email or phone
Start taking advantage of Chamber benefits today.